Naxos Highlights (Private or Semi-private Tour)
See and experience the real Naxos with our guide, a native Naxian who has lived on the island his entire life. This half-day island tour includes a coffee stop at a local, traditional kafeneion (café), Follow a pre-devised itinerary, or let our guide know your interests and he will create a personalized tour just for you.
• FIRST STOP: Follow a narrow paved trail to discover the Kouros of Melanes at Flerio, an unfinished ancient statue dating around 550 BC, charmingly located in a local Naxian family garden. Then view the famous marble quarries, and visit an authentic marble factory.
• SECOND STOP: The ancient Panagia Drosiani, an Early Christian, trio-apsidal, domed church with its beautiful frescoes.
• THIRD STOP: A traditional and picturesque, marble mountain village of Apeiranthos is next.
• FOURTH STOP: Pass through Filoti Village on the way to Chalki Village, where after a pleasant stroll we will visit the hundred-year-old family distillery, which still produces Naxos’ well-known KITRON liqueur.
• FIFTH STOP: History comes alive at the ancient temple of Demetra, in Sagri Village, dated 530 BC, and dedicated to the goddess of agriculture. Built on the edge of a fertile Naxian valley, as the first Greek temple constructed entirely of marble (its roof as well), it’s of even greater historical importance.
• End your entertaining and informative day as you wind along Naxos’ southwest coast past exquisite sandy beaches, on the way back to your hotel.
Prices: 1 Adult 165
2 Adults 75 per person
3 – 8 people AD 65//CH 32.5 (4-12 years old)
Duration: 4 hours, starts approx. at 10.00
Included: Roundtrip transfers. private car (up to 3 pax) or minivan (5-8 pax) & guide
Excluded: Refreshments & entrance fees (Demetra’s temple 4 € Panagia Drosiani 2 € )
Runs: Daily upon request
Meeting point: Plaka beach hotels. Other locations upon request
Cancellation policy: Up to 48 hours prior 100% cancellation fees. Before that relevant bank charges are withheld only